Timber Eco Shield Application Guide
Timber Eco Shield is a waterproofing wood stain with a thin consistency that makes it easy to apply by sprayer, brush or roller. Due to its waterproofing qualities it is recommended that the second coat is applied as soon as the first coat is touch dry.
A 1 litre tin will cover approximately 10-12m² depending on moisture content and porosity of the surface. It is recommended that 2 coats be applied.
Surface Preparation - Step 1
Surfaces should be cleaned with warm water, detergent and a stiff brush. Make sure that all mould or algae is removed and rinse well. Ensure that timber is fully dry. For best results previous treatments should be removed or well weathered. No basecoat or primer is required but we recommend timber has a preservative pretreatment.
Stir well before use. Timber Eco Shield can be applied by brush, sprayer or roller. Allow each coat to dry for approximately 2 hours before applying the next. Further coats should be applied between 2 – 4 hours later or if left longer, sand back lightly before applying the next coat. Maintain every 2 – 5 years or as required.
Splashes and drips can only be cleaned with warm water and detergent whilst still wet.
DO NOT apply in temperatures below 5oC or if wet weather is expected within 48 hours.
DO NOT apply to wet, damp or frozen timber.
Touch dry within 2 hours depending on drying conditions and humidity.
Remove excess treatment from the brush or roller and wash with warm water and detergent. Wash nozzle and pipe from sprayer immediately after use with warm water and detergent – do not allow product to dry in sprayer components.
This product and its container must be disposed of in a safe way. Some local authorities have special facilities for the disposal of waste coatings.
Do not empty product into drains, watercourses or access to septic tanks.
Ensure that this container is stored upright and secure during transportation.
Store in the original or sealed container and do not allow product to freeze. If stored correctly product should last 1-2 years.
• Store out of reach of children and animals.
• Ensure good ventilation during application and drying.
• Unprotected persons and animals should be kept away from coated areas for 48 hours or until surfaces are dry.
• Wear suitable protective clothing (overalls) and synthetic rubber/PVC gloves when using.
• Do not breathe spray mist, or wear suitable respiratory equipment (e.g. disposable mask).
• Avoid contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and if necessary seek medical advice.
• Avoid contact by mouth; do not swallow.
• Wash splashes from the skin with plenty of water and detergent.
• Wash hands and exposed skin before meals and after use.
Low VOC Content: 0.30% - 7.99%. VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) contribute to atmospheric pollution. EU Limit value for this product (Cat A/e): 150g/l (2007)/130g/l (2010). This product contains max 50g/l VOC.